Residential Buildings
C.P. Air Pan Abodes
Pan abodes are one-storey homes with simple gable roofs. The concrete foundation has a basement with an…
Cane House
The original building was a one-storey log structure with log sill foundation. It also had a frame hip roof, stucco exterior wall finish and asphalt roof shingles.
Captain Campbell House
This house was first owned by Dr. Frederick Warren Cane, postmaster, in 1906. The house was originally a small three room log cabin, to which a frame addition was soon attached…
Captain Coghlan House
Whitehorse Captain Coghlan House Architectural History: The building is a 1-1/2 storey log house with a gable roof sheathed with corrugated metal roofing. The front has a...
Captain Martin House
Whitehorse Captain Martin House Architectural History: The building is a two-storey wood frame building with a gable roof. It also has a glassed porch and second storey...
Chambers House
Whitehorse Chambers House Architectural History: The building is a two-storey log structure with frame gable roof. The exterior has aluminum siding covering the log walls....
Chantler House
Whitehorse Chantler House Architectural History: The log house had a T-shaped plan and metal hip roof throughout except for a gable roof over the bay window in the front...
Chinery House
Whitehorse Chinery House Architectural History: It is a log structure with a gable roof covered in galvanized steel roofing. The exterior is wood siding and it has a hip...
Cyr House
Whitehorse Cyr House Architectural History: The building is a two storey squared log house with gable roof. A stucco finish covers the exterior along with a Tudor style...
Donnenworth House
Whitehorse Donnenworth House Architectural History: The house is a wood frame construction with hip and gable roofs. The structure has a long H-shaped plan. Ship lap wood...
Drury House
Whitehorse Drury House Architectural History: It is a 1-1/2 storey log building with a gable roof. The concrete foundation has a basement and the roof has asphalt shingles....
Earle House
This house existed by 1929, when tax records indicate there was a building on the lot owned by Winnifred Earle, wife of Robert Earle. This record consists of not only the main residence, but also the garage behind the house, which is built in similar style.
Eldon House
This residence was previously owned by an individual with the surname Eldon. It is currently owned by Donald Miller.
Elliott House
This house originally stood on Front Street behind the Whitehorse Hotel (near the corner of Main) when it was first built in 1901. The next year, it was moved by its owner E.A. Dixon from a site behind the White Horse Hotel to 306 Steele Street, where it sat until April 1979.
Farley House
This house is believed to have been one of the first frame houses constructed in Whitehorse. It was located on the NW corner of Main Street and Fifth Avenue, where the Pine Medical Clinic now stands.
Firth House
It is 1 1/2-storey original log structure with a gable roof. Asphalt roof shingles and log siding cover the exterior of the building.
Garside House
This house is believed to have been built around 1910 at the Whitehorse Copper Mine site and moved to its present location in the 1930s.
Grant House
This house was one of two identical houses, which were built on a single lot. The second house burned down in 1910, although its charred remains were left standing until 1930.
Greenough House
This house was built prior to 1912 to house the manager at the Pueblo mine, Mr. Greenough. The residence was vacated after the mine ceased operations toward the end of the of World War I.
Harvey House
This lot was originally sold to a miner named Richard Harvey in 1903. The house is log, but likely began as a tent shack. The walls consist of log, covered with wood shingles, then covered with aluminum siding.